1. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red £7.49/MAC Ruby Woo
Revlon's matte lipsticks are undiscovered gems. Opaque in one swipe, long lasting and not too drying. Their 'Really Red' shade is a perfect dupe for MAC's 'Ruby Woo', you might even think it's better than the original.
2. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight, £6.49/MAC Shy Girl
Ngl, MAC's Shy girl is the perfect everyday creamy nude, but Rimmel's Nude Delight is practically the same colour and with the same creamy finish. Plus it's less than half the price...You do the lipstick math.
3. Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte Lipstick in Divine in Wine, £6.99/MAC Diva
Um hello new fall lipstick, nice to meet you. There was a time when matte lipsticks were hard to come by on the high street but with brands like Maybelline releasing entirely matte collections, you really don't have to spend the extra money to get the same effect.
4. NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose, £4/MAC Fanfare
Praise Jesus, you can finally buy NYX makeup in Boots and trust us when we say they have the mother load of MAC dupes. Tea Rose is a worthy dupe for MAC's mid toned pink lipstick in Fanfare.
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry, £7.99/MAC Dark Side
Just looking at these lipsticks makes us wish it was winter already. As much as we love colours like these, it always takes us a bit of courage to wear them, so if we can save ourselves a bit of money we won't feel as guilty about wearing it once.
6. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 3, £5.49/MAC Velvet Teddy
Of course we had to find a dupe for Velvet Teddy! Now, slight disclaimer...the Rimmel version isn't matte but the colours are EXACTLY the same. We might just buy both so we have a matte and a satin version…are we the only ones that always buy the dupes and the originals?!
7. Seventeen Mega Matte Lipstick in Violet Summer, £4.49/MAC Heroine
You know when you find a dupe that's so good you want to tell the world. That's us right now, because would you just look at these two matte purple lipsticks, they could be twins. You could quite literally buy 3 of the Seventeen lipsticks, for the price of the MAC lipstick alone though.
Follow Laura on Instagram.