Ahh YA fiction – or young adult fiction if you're not down with the lingo. We love it SO MUCH and it makes up 99.9% of our reading list, but sometimes being caught up in its crazy world of girl meets boy can really get to you.
The perfectly unperfect heroines who make flame-hot cool males fall in love with them before they've even met them, while simultaneously embarking on life-changing adventures and probably accidentally saving the world in the process.
All just part of your standard Tuesday in YA fiction world. Hashtag relateable.
The struggle is very much real, but we're still forever obsessed and the internet is right there with you, so here's 20 times that tumblr was just SO ACCURATE about young adult books.
1. When you have a casual recommendation for your pal.
2. The main characters hardly ever go on about how different they are.
3. Their life is always so hashtag relatable.
4. The one thought that's probably running through your head for the entire book.
5. Looking back on the characters you used to look up to.
6. Suddenly seeing the blood sucking heartthrob from a WHOLE new angle.
7. Because you'll literally never get over it.
8. The plot twists that you will NEVER GUESS except you guessed it on the first page.
9. Keep John Green anyway from anyone who hold dearly.
10. Your crippling shyness and social awkwardness would be ENDEARING okay.
11. This happens all the time in real life. Yup.
12. Do not stray from the checklist.
13. When you're asked the one question that makes your head hurt.
14. Pretty sure they all end up in relationship counselling tbh.
15. Because just once we'd like zero romantic interaction in the apocalyptic disaster book.
16. The average set up for a YA fan on a Friday night.
17. Because the mean girls never seem to go for the natural look.
18. When you might as well have this tattooed on your forehead.
19. Literally always.
NOW READ THIS LOT TOO