If the thought of doing anything involving maths sends an immediate black fog over your brain, you will probably identify with some of the biggest struggles people who are numerically challenged have to conquer.
Here are the top ten struggles people who are totally shit at maths have to deal with on a daily basis.
1. Dreading having to work out the bill at the end of a group meal.
There's always someone who wants each person to figure out exactly how much they owe. And then there's at least three people who muck it up, (us included).
2. Not being able to work out which combination of vouchers will get you the best deal.
If one voucher is 20% off on jeans and then you get a further 10% off, minus the seasonal discount which won't work on full price items GSDKGBAELKRJGNASNFSKJE.
3. Feeling dazed when you make it through an entire maths class without screwing up.
Was that a dream or did you actually not f**k up for an entire 60 minutes flat? MARK THIS DAY IN HISTORY. But also give us some sugar, we feel lightheaded.
4. Not even being able to memorise your own mobile number.
If it was socially acceptable, you'd tape it to the back of your phone. As it is, you're never 100% sure if you've given the thing out correctly.
5. Losing the thread of the lesson within the first five minutes and knowing you'll never be able to claw your way back.
Then spending the remainder of the lesson feeling like you're the biggest oaf on the planet.
6. Having to explain, for the fourth time, that you still don't understand something.
You can sense the person's growing irritation, so quickly pretend you've had a maths epiphany and hope they won't ask you any further questions.
7. Not having a bloody clue why the formula works or what it even means, but going along with it anyway.
God knows what this Pythagorus thing actually means, just follow the rules and hope for the best.
8. Being confused when the shopowner asks you for 50p on top to save them counting out change.
This will never not be confusing.
9. Having to blindly trust that people aren't trying to rob you.
Can people tell that you're vulnerable to being swindled? MAYBE THEY CAN. Maybe they're thieving you, right now.
10. Not being able to wrap your mind around the words inflation, interest, and APR.
WHAT ARE THESE WORDS???? WILL WE EVER UNDERSTAND THEM?
The struggle is painfully real.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: