1. Any tampons or pads that you carry in your bag are communally available.
"Anyone got a tampon?" "Yeah but they're not applicator ones." "Oh that's fine, tah."
2. Sex stories that get spread around are 99.9% of the time not true.
Especially ones involving poo and blood.
3. There's absolutely no shame in pulling your tights up in public.
Same goes for adjusting bras and pulling out wedgies.
4. "ERM, LADIES" was a sign that you'd managed to really piss off your teacher.
'Girls' when you're in slightly less trouble.
5. It's scientifically possible to have a period once a week when PE lessons are concerned.
"Arrrr sorry miss, I've got really bad cramps so I don't want to get hit by the netball."
6. Regina George is very much real.
And you will fear her unconditionally until you leave school, then forget who the eff she even was.
7. Nothing is sacred or secret amongst a large group of females.
Your deepest, darkest secrets will be revealed - but people will forget about them by next week.
8. You've never seen hysteria until the day of the BCG/HPV vaccine.
People fainting, screaming and crying in the corridors, swearing it's the biggest needle they've ever seen. It's utter chaos.
9. Girls can be just as disgusting as boys.
Detailed sex discussion, detailed poo discussion, detailed weird body problems discussion. Every day. Mostly at lunch.
10. You'll happily whip your clothes off to get changed in front of your pals.
Ain't nobody got time for privacy.
11. You will have been called a lesbian at least once in your life.
Accurate for some, stereotype for others.
12. The rule is that if your leg hair is sticking through your tights, it might be time to shave.
But even then, probs not. Maybe ask your friend to feel it and see what she thinks.
13. Every single detail of your love life is there to be shared.
"Did you do anything?"
14. You were forever campaigning for the right to wear trousers.
WHAT YEAR DO WE LIVE IN, MISS?
15. Gender norms were basically scrapped from the first day of Year 7.
All the people in charge of things were girls, all the crazy geniuses in maths and science: girls, all the fearsome debaters and lead roles in plays: girls, all the people sitting at the back of class making fart noises: girls. GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS.
16. The 'no distractions' stuff about having no boys around is BS.
Well, not everyone fancies boys for one. Plus, there's also snacks, lunchtime options and the rest of the world to discuss during lessons.
17. All intense conversations were to be had in the weird back toilets were no-one ever went.
No weeing, just crying and discussing.
18. People talking about you hurts more than a physical fight.
And slut, bitch, slag etc. are NOT cool insults to use against a female human.
19. The matching boys school was a bit like Mordor.
A truly terrifying and unchartered land full of weird creatures that smell like Lynx.
20. Bobbles are precious currency that must be shared with loved ones in times of need.
Same goes for kirby grips.
21. It bonds you to your gal pals for life.
Because only they understand your awkwardness and all the aforementioned weird stuff you do.
Any more home truths for female human beings that did the all girls school thang? Let us know with a tweet to @Sugarscape.
NOW READ THIS LOT TOO