The internet has led to some pretty wonderful creations, but there are a heap of downsides that go along with its advantages; and a lot of them are potentially life-ruining.
These are the top ten reasons why the internet can effectively suck the life and soul out of you.
1. Your parents/grandparents/extended family can all stalk your whereabouts.
There's no keeping anything private anymore.
2. You can't enjoy the outside world in true peace.
Most of your time is spent trying to connect to a strong internet signal.
3. You get twitchy when your WiFi connection drops.
It's the source of all the information you could ever need, so when it's cruelly snatched away you really feel the absence.
4. You have become obsessive about finding information.
Mainly for things you don't even really care about.
5. Everybody constantly looks like they're having a great time.
So you can't help but compare your Netflix addiction to everyone else's wild night out.
6. You don't know how to do basic things like reading a map or performing simple calculations.
If there was a zombie apocalypse, you'd be the first to die.
7. You are always misdiagnosing your health symptoms.
Meaning your doctor is literally sick and tired of hearing your worries.
8. You have no spare time to advance your studies.
By the time you scroll through your Twitter feed it's time to go to bed.
9. You don't know how to set out a formal letter.
All you know is email.
10. You can't move on from anything.
Whenever you feel like you've over something, TimeHop will pop up with a painful memory and you'll be right back feeling all the feels again.
What a conundrum.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: