We're pretty open about the fact that our relationship with anything and everything to do with Harry Potter is a little unhealthy, which is why we don't feel any shame in admitting we like to think about the hidden questions in the franchise.
No, not just about how different the novel's would have turned out if Harry had let Remus and Sirius kill Pettigrew in the Prisoner of Azkaban (which, obviously, is something that stills plays on our mind), but the AU aspect of what the wizarding world would look like if it was dragged into 2016.
1. The Marauders Map would be an App.
Some muggle-born technological whizz would have transferred all the data onto a device and locked the App to ensure it could only be accessible through a series of passwords. Infact, the map's movements would probably be tied into the GPS on your mobile.
2. Ginny's tweets would've been 'off' during The Chamber of Secrets era.
People would've spotted a shift in personality through the change in tone on her social media. Things likely would've turned a little dark, and an intervention would have happened sooner.
3. Speaking of which, sharing secrets in Tom Riddle's Diary probably wouldn't have happened.
Maybe she'd have been enticed over to Tom Riddle's Tumblr and would've found it even more difficult to escape. Yeah, we've all been there.
4. Harry would've called Sirius on his mobile before rushing off to The Ministry.
There's no way Sirius would've ever had his phone on Silent. Even when he was tending Buckbeak. Disaster could've been averted.
5. Luna Lovegood would run an amazing blog.
She'd probably be some kind of reluctant social media star - waking up every day with thousands of new followers, but completely oblivious as to why.
6. Gilderoy Lockhart would be Insta famous.
Correction: He'd be TRYING to be Insta famous. He'd also be dragged in the press for the scandal of buying most of his followers.
7. Xenophilius Lovegood would live-tweet all political debates.
He'd post the most outrageous but hilarious commentary on social media, and people would love it.
8. Werewolves would have WAY more rights.
Those laws Umbridge passed making it harder than ever for werewolves to get jobs? They'd be repealed by now, and the stigma about being a werewolf would slowly but surely be ebbing away.
9. Hermione Granger would be way more obsessed with internet resources than the library.
You just know she'd have been an absolute pro at coding, too.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.