Every fandom has it's crazy high points, but when things are going at 754mph and then suddenly start slowing down - even for a second - you're bound to notice a shift in the way things happen online.
So, if you've noticed a bit of a lull in how the fandom is operating, you'll probably identify with the seven sure signs that your fandom is running out of steam a little and needs to recharge its batteries.
1. Update accounts post about their LACK of updates.
There are only so times you can read "sorry for not posting" before your brain spontaneously combusts from all the inactivity.
2. Fanfiction's are slowly shrivelling away or being left unfinished.
There is nothing worse - and no greater feeling of betrayal - than reaching a dead-end on a really good fic because the author lost interest in their own plot.
3. Hashtags are becoming much harder to trend.
Likewise, awards are suddenly much harder to win. What is everybody DOING with their time? Sleeping?
4. Drama is largely a thing of the past.
The days when you could take one wrong step and feel the wrath of 100,000 people on your @replies are, thankfully, over. That's not a license for you to be douche, though.
5. Personal accounts are being deleted/becoming stagnant.
People are quite literally cleansing themselves of their past and starting fresh, untainted accounts. Lame.
6. Your only source of interaction is to watch old clips/read old material.
How many times have you watched this one interview from 2012? More times than you can count, and yet still not enough.
7. Basically, your entire life is slowly but surely becoming one long TBT.
You look back on that time 6 months, 2 years, or 5 years ago with rose-tinted glasses. Those truly were the glory days.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.