As heros go, there's no denying that the The Hunger Games hottie Peeta Mellark is a bit of a dreamboat and with Josh Hutcherson playing him in the movie adaptations of the series, it really doesn't get much better. But as well as knowing his way around a cake shop and being able to paint himself to look like your dad's herbaceous border, he's pretty devoted to Katniss and with the new Catching Fire trailer debuting this weekend, we thought it was about time we celebrated with a tribute to his fittest quotes from the second book in the series.
You know, the ones that simultaneously make our hearts melt and feel a bit grumpy that our boyfriend's only idea of a compliment is to say our hair looks cleaner than usual. So grab a cuppa and prepare to swoon your way into a puddle of melted jelly, because there are some good 'uns in there...
1. On the whole Gael situation: "I was jealous of him before I even officially met you"
OH PEETA, YOU DEVIL.
2. "I thought if I stopped being so, you know, wounded, we could take a shot at just being friends."
3. "Isn't it strange that I know you'd risk your life to save mine…but I don't know what your favorite color is?"
4. "My nightmares are usually about losing you..."
5. "We can't afford any drunkards on this team. Especially not you, Katniss."
6. "The point is that two of us are coming home from the Capitol. One mentor and one victor."
7. "We'll write letters, Katniss, it will be better anyway. Give them a piece of us to hold on to. Haymitch will deliver them for us if…they need to be delivered."
8. "Having an eye for beauty isn't the same thing as weakness. Except possibly when it comes to you."
9. "Actually, I saw her shoot, for real, for the first time. I'm about to put in a formal request myself."
10. "Actually I painted a picture of Rue. How she looked after Katniss has covered her in flowers. I just wanted to hold them accountable, if only for a moment. For killing that little girl."
11. "I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever."
12. "To us, we're more married than any piece of paper or big party could make us."
13. "With my paint box at home, I can make every color imaginable. Pink. As pale as a baby's skin. Or as deep as rhubarb. Green like spring grass. Blue that shimmers like ice on water. I haven't figured out a rainbow yet. They come so quickly and leave so soon."
14. "There isn't much time, so tell me. Is there anything I have to apologize for?"
15. "If you die, and I live, there's no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You're my whole life. I would never be happy again."
Our insides hurt, but what do you make of all that? Any faves?