After the news broke that Cheryl and One Direction's Liam Payne were an actual thing, not just something everyone collectively dreamed up after eating too much cheese - the first port of call to talk about the whole thing was, as always, social media.
The reactions to Chiam were er, varied, to say the least, with a lot of people being completely dumbstruck that the cheeky scamps had managed to keep their relationship away from everyone for several months.
1. Many threw it way back to when the pair first met:
2. Others decided to hold actual polls to gather vital information on the fandom's mood:
3. Many found this pic quite funny :
4. Some people just lost the plot:
5. Someone actually trawled through the Xtra Factor archives and uploaded this gem:
6. There were calls for this guide to be delivered to every door to help identify every possible reaction:
7. A lot of people got a bit carried away with their emotional response:
8. And some people turned to photoshop to relish in all the drama:
9. It was widely recognised that the time Liam said Cheryl was "hot" was suddenly relevant again:
10. The interest in their relationship was completely cross-generational:
(forever lolling at this person's Twitter name)
11. Some people were just not prepared to leave the past in the past:
12. But most people were just waiting for Liam to actually say something in the form of a massive, detailed twitlonger:
Good work everyone.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: