Even though there's loads of pressure to be in a relationship on Valentines Day, there are a bunch of reasons why you should be celebrating being single on the most romantic day of the year. Here's why you should be looking forward to the occasion, even if you won't be getting a bunch of roses:
1. There'll be loads of chocolate selections in the sale to look forward to:
Because shops always stock way more than they actually sell, so you can just bulk buy heart-shaped caramel chocolates on the 15th and eat them for the rest of the year.
2. It's an excuse to stay in and watch loads of rom-coms back to back:
Because even though this is usually unacceptable behaviour, no-one can judge you today.
3. Or an excuse to go out with friends in celebration of Galentines Day:
Because you know for sure they'll still be around next year too.
4. Almost everyone's in a happy, light-hearted mood:
Because watching people in suits catching trains with a bouquet of roses in hand is just quite cute really.
5. You don't have to buy anything for anyone:
Because your bank account will thank you.
6. You don't have to experience an awkward restaurant date:
Which will probably be so busy your elbows are dipping into your neighbours soup and so loud you can't even hear your own thoughts.
7. There'll be no gift disappointments:
Or worse, being stood up on a date.
8. And because it's a very valid excuse to treat yourself:
If you're single, it's the one time of year you can dedicate completely to yourself.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: