If your OTP is so popular you could live a thousand lives and STILL not get through the acres of fanfiction written about their relationship, please spare a thought for the little guy.
Here are ten things you'll only understand if you have to trawl through the entire internet to get one high-quality gif of the couple you ship.
1. You're literally bemused when people say they don't see the connection.
It's called reading BETWEEN THE LINES, people.
2. You have to control your temper when people point out that the relationship is unrealistic.
Literally that's not the point of shipping something. At all.
3. When you're absolutely sure something is about to happen, but you sadly get it wrong.
What was that thing that just flew by, you ask? It was 'THE MOMENT'. And your OTP just squandered it.
4. When you constantly come up with reasons for why they basically ARE together.
Well, technically, the plotline doesn't COMPLETELY eliminate a possible relationship. So, it's fine.
5. When you search the tags for ship on Tumblr and only four posts comes up.
The drought is painfully real.
6. When you finally find one (pretty poorly written) fic, but hey, you've gotta take what you can get.
A fic where one half of your OTP is an alien and the other goes to space after after accidentally launching a NASA spaceship? Okay, then.
7. When you finally find an ally, and you mutually decide to reinvigorate the ship together.
Your number 1 aim is to conquer people's hearts and minds.
8. When you try and recruit someone new to your cause.
'STACEY, JUST READ THIS ONE SECTION OF PASSAGE. JUST READ IT.'
9. When the ship almost dies due to lack of content, but then something tiny happens to save it and you get cocky af.
Ha, this ship will never die. NEVER.
10. When someone considers starting a blog and you know it'll take over and potentially ruin their life.
So naturally, you're all for it.
11. And when you know that, in the end, you stand on the side of love.
No matter what anyone else thinks.
Keep the faith, people.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: