If you're a middle-child you'll have noticed that there are loads of things about your life that are completely different from your siblings. So without further ado, behold the ten struggles of always being stuck in the middle.
1. You never get a say in family movie-night
It's either the younger sibling's choice or the older sibling's choice, so lets just hope you have diverse interests.
2. You respond to a list of names other than your own
The probability that your relative has forgotten your name is pretty high.
3. You're always the buffer in arguments
Because someone's gotta keep the peace around here.
4. You were left behind as a child at least once
Warning: Turn your back for a second and your entire family vanishes into thin air.
5. You probably shared a room with BOTH your siblings
First with your older sibling, and then with your younger one.
6. Two-seater rollercoasters meant you were always sat behind
So the picture always had you screaming next to a complete randomer.
7. Not to mention you always had to sit in the dreaded middle seat
That uncomfortably hard seat in the back of your parents car? That's yours.
8. You're never and *were* never the centre of attention
Which, if you're into that kind of thing, is probably quite frustrating.
9. But, you're a great negotiator
Being stuck in the middle gives you a good view of both sides of the argument.
10. And of all your siblings, you're the one who gets away with the most
Because your mistakes largely go unnoticed.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: