Some might say Taylor Swift is close to world domination. She's got a girl gang bigger than most countries, more money than any other female musician and a fan base more dedicated than Santa Clause on Christmas Eve - which might be why people are vaguely believing this rumour about her and Tom Hiddleston trolling us all.
'What rumour?', we here you ask. Er, the one about their romance actually just being a big old elaborate music video to promote her new album. Yep.
And whilst it might sound totally RIDICULOUS and absolutely absurd at first, but once you examine the evidence, you might be slightly convinced (just give the theory a chance, yeah?)
So why might it be a music video?
- First off, fans have pointed out Taylor Swift releases new music every two years, and it's just about coming up to the 2nd anniversary of 1989. Could be a coincidence, right?
- Well, all the pap photos of Taylor and Tom (read: in the Collesseum, swimming in the sea, walking along the coast in the UK etc etc) have been taken by the same photo agency. Convenient?
- He couldn't have *seeeeeriously* warn that I <3 TS top with a temporary tattoo of her name in a heart... could he?
- He's allegedly aiming for the role of James Bond, which would make a high profile romance the perfect exposure and spot in the limelight ahead of the casting decisions being made later this year.
- Oh, and the fact that Taylor Swift was super, ultra private about a lot of her previous relationships - which makes the fact #Swiddleston has been splashed every bloody place we look this week a bit suspicious.
The people of Twitter reckon the music video might be a comment about how hard it is for celebrities to have a private life, or shed light on the dark side of being famous.
That, or their actually very much an item and don't really give an f who knows it. That too. What do you lot reckon? Could they be faking it for a music vid or are Tom and Taylor really a thing? Comments at the usual place, pleeeease.