There's some pretty scary news tonight after reports that Andy Samuels of Liam Payne has been rushed to hospital following a fire that took place at the London home of the One Direction singer.

Liam Payne and girlfriend Sophia Smith get cosy outside Funky Buddha - Liam Payne images - sugarscape.com

According to The Daily Mail, a fire broke out at Liam's Docklands flat in London on Monday night (September 2) after an incident involving a heater. Apparently Andy had tried to refuel the heater on the flat's balcony when something went wrong, reportedly setting both him and the balcony alight.

The fire brigade and ambulance service were then reportedly called at 9.45, extinguishing the blaze and taking Andy and two others into hospital to be treated for burns. Liam apparently wasn't on the balcony at the time of the incident, but tried to help put out the flames before the fire brigade arrived, then riding in the ambulance to the hospital accompanying his friend

These reports have yet to be confirmed, but the London Fire Brigade did report to have attented a blaze in the Canary Wharf area after a call to the emergency service at 21.48 on Monday night. After attending the fire, two men and a woman taken to hospital to be treated for burns.

Liam Payne's friend taken to hospital with 20% burns following balcony fire at the One Direction singer's home?

Fire Station Manager Laurie Kenny, who was at the scene, said: “Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. About 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured.

“Two of the ­occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital.” 

A spokesperson from Liam's building apparently told The Mirror: "We are not disclosing any information," but resident Ali told the paper: “It was about 10pm when it happened.

"I was sitting outside and there was a strong smell of burning. I looked up, saw flames. All I saw was an orange glow, so the flames were pretty big. I went to the toilet, heard an explosion. That’s when I called it in. The concierge got on the case.

“We were evacuated downstairs in the lift. Then a guy ran out with a cloth on his hands screaming. I didn’t get a look at him. There was a guy who had burnt his face who was being helped by the emergency services.

"I didn’t see his face but he was quite a tall guy. Everybody was evacuated and nobody was allowed back in until it was sorted out."

andy samules burnt in liam payne house fire - andy samuels images - sugarscape.com

Andy was confirmed to be one of the men injured by his girlfriend Daisie Smith, who tweeted to update concerned Directioners - who trended 'PrayforAndy' on twitter - on his condition.

“Thank you so much for all of your lovely messages & prayers. On behalf of Andy’s family & I we’d like you to know he is in a stable condition," she wrote.

One Direction have made no comment, but a spokeperson from the band has confirmed that Liam was unharmed in the fire.

Our thoughts are with Andy and all his friends and family.

Morgan Spurlock interviews One Direction for This Is Us Sky Movies special - WATCH

Liam Payne gets cosy with girlfriend Sophia Smith outside Funky Buddha nightclub - PICS

Images: REX