1. The very real fear of those stories about them rolling behind your eyeball.
PLEASE LET THIS NEVER HAPPEN TO ME.
2. Waking up having forgotten to take them out and momentarily thinking you've been blessed with the power of sight.
Oh no wait, still blind.
3. The feeling of POWER that comes from people cowering away from you touching your eyeball.
But also the feeling of shame - 'I'm sorry I disgust you'.
4. The knowledge that you'll probably one day develop an eyeball disease because you're lazy with your contacts hygiene.
But still not really doing anything to improve it.
5. The HIDEOUS PAIN when an eyelash makes its way onto your eyeball.
What did you do to deserve this injustice.
6. And the need to immediately get it out right this second no matter what you're in the middle of.
Giving a speech to thousands? OH GOD I MUST REMOVE THIS CONTACT.
7. The realisation when you're sleeping over somewhere and you forgot to bring a bloody contacts case.
Why why why why why etc.
8. And then having to hunt down egg cups/glasses/some form of vessel to keep them in.
Oh jeez DO NOT DRINK THAT.
9. Having to remove one for some reason and being half blind for the day.
And hoping that no one sees you squinting through one eye like a pirate.
10.When you drop one while trying to put it in and then can't find it anywhere ever again.
The perils of invisible materials.
11. Or when you do then find it again, and wonder whether you can risk putting it back in.
Check for obvious fluff, then probably risk it.
12. Going to the beach/pool and not being able to see anything underwater.
I will never be a mermaid.
13. People telling you you look really weird when you wear glasses.
Well this is literally just my normal face but with additional sight assistance, so thanks.
14. Trying to take a contact out but forgetting you've already taken it out and experiencing the horror of scratching at your eyeball.
Oh JEEZ IT'S SO MUSHY WHYYYYY.
15. Opening your eyes after accidentally sleeping in them and feeling them ENCRUSTED onto your eyeballs.
16. Not having any solution handy and wondering whether using your spit will cause a hideous infection.
Am I the grossest human being of all time? Probably.
17. The fascinating sight of accidentally getting mascara on it.
OOH BLACK EYEBALL.
18. The glorious feeling of a fresh pair.
My eyeballs have never felt so joyful.
19. When you accidentally put two in one eye.
Oh the bloody opticians have given me the wrong prescripti... Oh no wait I'm an idiot.
20. Taking them out before you've located your glasses and then hating yourself.
MUUUUUUUM I CAN'T FIND MY GLAAASSEESSSSSSS.
The struggle is oh so real. Relate to all of these on a spiritual, optical level? Let us know with a tweet to @Sugarscape.
NOW READ THIS LOT TOO