These days, The Sims is virtually (no pun intended) unrecognisable from its humble roots. But for all those who spent hours immersed in the OG game, here's 16 things only you will understand.
It's throwback time:
1. Having to choose between the same 20 outfits, even though half your neighbourhood was already wearing the same thing.
2. Making your Sim change into 'nightwear' when someone came round just so they'd look a bit different in the photos you (obviously) took of everything.
3. Attempting to seduce Mortimer and or Bella Goth because jesus CHRIST how many times will they actually show up uninvited?
4. Accidentally leaving the game on fast forward when nipping out of the room to wee, and missing an entire week of your Sim's life, in which he lost a job, pissed himself, and fell asleep outside on the pavement, much to the disgust of Cassandra Goth.
5. Oh-so-carefully working your way up from 'Compliment' to 'Kiss', ever hopeful for that holy grail of pop-ups: 'Should we have a baby?'
6. And then getting bored of said baby almost instantly because sweet lordy they need a lot of looking after.
7. Managing to stick it out until they became a child, only to be horrified by the ugliness of said child. Why oh WHY did they give him that hair? And those glasses? *shudder*
8. Killing of an annoying Sim by a) making them go for a swim then removing the ladder, or b) setting the kitchen on fire and removing the door. Psychopathic tendencies? Us?
9. Feeling genuine fear when *that* burglar warning noise sounded, and you realised you'd forgotten to buy a burglar alarm.
10. Discovering the Rosebud cheat and feeling like you'd won the lottery IRL.
11. When you got bored of having all the money and tried to play without the cheat, so that your house looked like this:
12. The excitement every time your Sim moved up a career level and got a new car.
13. The endless frustration over the fact that it was virtually impossible to make two or more Sims sit down at a table and eat together.
14. The absolute fury you felt when logging onto a game only to discover your sister (your real life sister) had seduced your fave Sim with one of hers and persuaded him to LEAVE HIS FAMILY.
15. When the Hot Date expansion pack arriving was, and still is, the most exciting moment of your life to date:
16. The vibrating bed, which now seems slightly weird and inappropriate.
Got any more? Tweet 'em at us @Sugarscape.