Don't get us wrong, we LOVE The X Factor and for the past gawd knows how many years we've sacrificed having a social life on the weekend so that we can stay in and watch what is essentially a glorified karaoke sesh on the telly. But we have to admit, it just hasn't been the same since One Direction were booted off in third place back in 2010.
Now that Nick Grimshaw's gone ahead and quit as a judge though (we'll miss ya Grimmy), we reckon it's about time Louis Tomlinson takes his seat on the judging panel*.
IT'S WRITTEN IN THE STARS. Here's 16 reasons why it needs to happen:
*NB: We'll also accept a brand new show called The 1D Factor with all four of 'em as judges, but this may be a good starting point.
1. Because you just know that "It's a no from me" would sound really amazing in a particularly sassy Doncaster accent.
2. Because we'd get to see him become really emotional and passionate and defensive over his acts whenever they were in the bottom two and it would be SO MOVING.
3. Because he'd know exactly how all the contestants are feeling and be able to connect with them properly, having been through the process himself as a fetus Tommo.
4. Because even if his opinion wasn't the most popular or sugary sweet one, he'd always be totally honest and be 100% constructive with his criticism. So there.
5. Because he'd be able to absolutely slay anyone annoying who tried to get a bit gobby, by just giving them a mere glance or maybe a look of disgust.
6. Because more people would probably try to sing 1D songs in a bid to impress him and that would be just lovely. One Direction WEEK, anyone?
7. Because you can just imagine how many 1D fans would turn up to auditions and the studios every day just to be able to meet him. Directioners would basically RUN weekend television.
8. Because whenever any boybands came in and said they want to be the next One Direction, his 'YEAHH OKAY' face would be utterly priceless.
9. Because he'd clearly put some amazing and credible artists through to live shows, rather than middle aged women who work in Morrisons or novelty triplet Macarena dancers. Cough Louis Walsh.
10. Because we can barely imagine how totally sass-filled it would be when he raised his hand to stop the music and make everyone shut up. Off the scale.
11. Because he wouldn't put up with any of the stupid annoying sob stories and would probably just do this at anyone who tried to make him feel sorry for 'em.
12. Because he and Simon Cowell are the ultimate father and son style dream team, as proved by that time Louis was a guest judge at Si's house.
13. Because he'd quite clearly be better dressed than both the female judges put together, and rather than discussing their dresses every Monday morning we could just talk about Louis in a suit.
14. Because his special famous pal at judges houses would always be another member of One Direction. Blatantly. Probably Liam. Happy days.
15. Because most of his responses to the auditions would be along the lines of "No. Sorry. Just no.", "You really have to leave right now", and "Just a bit shit sorry, next one". All with a bit of a hair flick or an eye roll.
16. Because it's the circle of life, and it rules us all.
A pretty convincing argument, we reckon. Might try and draft it all into a professional pitch and get it emailed to Simon Cowell PRONTO. Would you like to see Louis as the next X Factor judge?