Whilst all us normal folk probably think being invited to the Academy Awards ceremony would be an absolutely PRICELESS experience, the big honchos over at the Oscars have other ideas - after unveiling the casual content of their $200k goodie bags.
Yup, it's as if being invited to the swanky ceremony and eating free food (FREE FOOD PEOPLE) isn't enough, and so nominees will leave the event with over £130k worth of things.
What is this life we chose and why aren't we Jennifer Lawrence?
According to The Daily Beast, the consolation prizes for this year's Oscars (as in, if you don't win the actual award) include:
- A 10-day, first class trip to Israel ($55,000)
- A year's worth of unlimited Audi car rentals from Silvercar ($45k)
- A 15-day walking tour of Japan ($45k)
- Three private training sessions with "celebrity wellness expert" Jay Cardiello ($1,400)
- Ultherapy - a laser skin-tightening procedure courtesy of 740 Park MD ($5,530)
- A lifetime supply of skin creams from Lizora ($31,200)
- A Fit Club TV "Ultimate Fitness Package" in a private villa ($6,250)
- A Haze Dual V3 Vaporizer valued at $249.99
That isn't the full list, but at this point being a runner up and getting a goodie back as a commiseration prize seems more appealing than winning the actual statue (valued at $900). Thoughts?
WHY AREN'T WE FAMOUS, TALENTED AND INVITED TO THESE THINGS? If you could let us know or fancy joining the convo, let's discuss @Sugarscape, y'all.
MORE OSCARS STUFF: