If you love your cat/dog/hamster more than you love anything else in this cold, heartless world then you'll probably identify with a collection of signs your pet is the undisputed, genuine love of your life.
Here are ten surefire signs you'll never love anything as much as you love your furry friend, and that's okay.
1. The best part of your day is seeing their face.
How do people without pets even have a motivation for life?
2. Your camera roll could be a portfolio of your pet's modelling career.
Featuring 253 shots of your pet in exactly the same position.
3. They're constantly your phone/laptop/tablet background.
Because there's nobody else you'd rather see when you're checking your emails.
4. You have considered making, or have actually made, a social media account under your pet's name.
You post from it more regularly than you do from your own.
5. You've spoken about them in conversation and people have assumed you're talking about your boyfriend.
They can just hear the love in your voice.
6. You use your spare cash to buy them treats and toys.
Money well spent.
7. You've cancelled on an event because you're convinced your pet wants more quality time.
'BUT HE MISSES ME'
8. You celebrate both your pet's actual birthday AND their rehoming date.
Both the most significant days in your calendar.
9. You talk both to and *about* them a little bit too much.
People have told you to shut up, basically.
10. And finally, you've been known to smother them with affection.
In an attempt to get across the true depth of your emotions.
You just have a lot of love to give.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: