The first trailer for the massively anticipated Rogue One: A Star Wars Story landed on the interwebs yesterday from a galaxy far, far away, and seeing as we don't really keep up with intergalactic current affairs, we were VERY excited to see that it's got a female lead.
The first ever spin-off Star Wars film follows Felicity Jones on a rebel mission to steal plans for the Death Star, and takes place just before A New Hope kicks off.
A Star Wars film. With a lead female. Who does actual fighting. With no golden bikinis involved. It's kind of a big deal.
It looks pretty epic, but mostly we're just using ALL the praise hands emojis over all the kickass girl power stuff that's gonna be happening. Here's the 10 best moments that'll make you wanna punch the air and then go fighting Darth Vader or something.
1. The fact that it's a female lead in a Star Wars film, for starters.
2. This intense glare of kickass-ness.
3. No fancy hair or makeup or tiny clothes. Just a COOL GIRL.
4. Going undercover to do something awesome.
5. Whacking a Storm Trooper around the head.
6. And another one, because she's cooler than all of them.
7. GIRL WITH A GUN. It's officially 2016 in Hollywood, people.
8. "I rebel".
9. Sprinting through some kind of Star Wars world/Canary Wharf tube station.
10. This dramatic final shot which proves that this movie is going to be GREAT.
Check out the full trailer right here for 1 minute and 57 seconds of pure epic space-based feminism.
Girl power in a galaxy far, far away.
Excited to see Rogue One? Reckon Felicity Jones is gonna be a total badass? Let us know with a tweet to @Sugarscape.
NOW READ THIS LOT TOO