Once a TV series/book/band claws it way into your subconscious, it's really bloody hard to extract yourself from the drama, and keep everything about your normal life in a nice, balanced perspective.
But, anyone who's gone through an obsession will understand that life in an intense fandom is life accelerated. Meanwhile, Tumblr is filled with dreamers just like you, so here are their most accurate posts on extreme fandom.
1. Everything can be linked back to your fandom. Literally everything.
2. Avoiding real-life responsibilities is something you're highly skilled at.
3. You've lost track of what's real and what *you've* made up.
4. You become physically affected when things veer off the path you were expecting.
5. You have literally no concept of reality other than the fact you DON'T like it.
6. You have become emotionally invested in the relationship of two non-canon characters.
7. People can anticipate what you're about to say before you say it.
8. And finally, you have no understanding of people who you aren't interested in your interest.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.