We're just gonna be really open and honest about the fact that Stranger Things has quite literally taken over our lives. It's a bit of a problem.
Because we're obsessive about the things we love, we've decided to prowl around and gather a load of interesting trivia about the series. Here are eleven things you'll be surprised to hear about Stranger Things.
1. All the boys auditioned using scenes from Stand By Me, which was one of the '80s films that inspired the show in the first place.
You might've noticed some similarities.
2. Eleven's hair was based on Charlize Theron's buzz cut in Mad Max: Fury Road; something that made actress Millie Bobbie Brown feel a lot better about getting the chop.
Not a bad hairspiration, in fairness.
3. Every episode has a movie poster from a horror/sci-fi/paranormal cult classic. Remember when Lonnie told Jonathan to take down the Evil Dead poster in his room?
Yeah, that was one of them.
4. The entire gang are actually really good friends in real life.
LOOK AT THEM HANGING OUT. Guess you can't fake that kind of chemistry.
5. The font on the credits and episode titles is the same as the one on Dungeons & Dragons source books.
You know, the game the boys were playing in the first episode.
6. In preparation for their roles, the kids watched a load of 80's classics like The Goonies, E.T, and Stand By Me.
The series pays tribute to them all in a load of subtle ways.
7. Infact, the creators actually asked Eleven to emulate E.T in many of her scenes.
Makes sense now, right?
8. Hopper's trailer only cost $1 to buy.
9. Producers auditioned 906 boys and 307 girls until they found their main leads.
Talk about dedication.
10. Stephen King (a massive influence in the series) actually tweeted about how good of an actress Eleven was back in 2014.
Definitely put that on your CV.
11. And finally, Dustin's voice changed so much during filming, producers were unable to use his voice for any additional dialogue.
What a series.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.