With so much pressure being put on all the spontaneous road-trips every Summer break must surely consist of, anything that ends up with you watching Netflix and eating seven meals a day seems like a bit of a disappointment in comparison.
One thing that Summer inevitability falls short on is the realisation of your most unachievable hopes and dreams between the months of July and September. Here are the ten unrealistic expectations you have for yourself during the Summer holidays.
1. That you'll experience a dramatic makeover and walk into class unrecognisable.
2. That you'll fall in deep, passionate love with someone your parents hate.
3. That you'll take one athletics class and then be entered into the Olympics.
4. That you'll master a quirky hobby, befriend a lonely OAP, and hang out with their hot grandson.
5. That you'll holiday somewhere exotic and end up travelling around with the locals.
6. That you'll go to a festival and bump into a celeb who asks you to join the tour.
7. That you'll have a life-changing epiphany about what really matters in life.
8. That you'll go out every single day, or failing that every other day. Or just out at all.
9. That you'll reinvent your personal style, and stock your wardrobe with new clothes.
10. And that despite all this, you'll still end up SAVING money.
Ah, the lies we tell ourselves.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.