Everyone behaves slightly weirdly when they develop a crush on someone, but when you're 164 photos deep in their aunt's holiday pictures from Bali, things can verge on the edge of creepy.
So in celebration of how weird we all secretly are, here are the ten things we all do but would never confess to - even if threatened with physical torture and a life without access to oreos. Which, you know, could happen.
1. Imagining the future ups and downs in your relationship as you listen to Ed Sheeran's entire discography.
And making in-depth playlists that remind you of them. Awkward.
2. Pretending to know a band that you've never heard of and then looking like a total moron when your crush asks a question.
"So what's your favourite album?"
3. Forgetting the art of speech, creating new words, and/or having a completely mind blank when they're in a 10 metre radius of you.
4. Rehearsing every conversation you could possibly have with them but still finding a way to balls up in person.
None of your practice sessions prepared you for reality.
5. Torturing yourself by going over a thousand witty things you could've said instead of the one stupid thing you did say.
The turmoil never ends.
5. Staring at them at every given opportunity and praying that they don't turn around and catch your eye.
Yeah, they've probably noticed.
6. Having an actual conversation with them and then getting really paranoid about whether you're blinking too much or too little.
It's gotta be one of them. There's no way you're blinking the right amount.
7. Stalking their online presence to such an extent that you know where their Great Aunt went to Uni, what year she graduated, and how she's feeling about her divorce.
Things will be okay, Maude.
8. Screenshotting a particularly great picture of them to send to your friends and then maybe not deleting it from your phone.
It's creepy. We know it's creepy.
10. Remembering literally every single thing this person has said or done in your presence and realising that's a bit weird.
Keep unleashing the weird, guys.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.