If the one person you can count on most in the world is your best friend, then you'll know just how much better life is whenever they're around.
In celebration of finding your platonic soulmate, these are the sixteen tell-tale signs that your friendship is the real day.
1. You literally don't know how to function without them.
Your life mainly consists of waiting for them to turn up in class/ on your online chat/ at your house.
2. They're excited for pretty much everything you achieve in life.
More than you are, tbh.
3. You've turned up at their house after an argument with your parents/boyfriend.
They've always got both time and a room for you.
4. You are both brutally honest with each other.
Because if your best pal can't tell you the truth, who can?
5. Any enemy of theirs is automatically an enemy of yours.
Your loyalties run deep.
6. You have received texts like this.
Which are hilarious, but slightly inconvenient at 2am.
7. You know that if you ever needed to dispose of a body, they'd be the person to call.
Which we're not encouraging, by the way.
8. Your friendship can be best summed up by this phrase.
Snacks are the glue that bind your lives together.
9. You have faced some dark times together.
Including that year you both flunked the same class and you knew there'd be hell to pay.
10. When one of you gets a boyfriend the other can't help but feel a little jealous.
'BUT WE'RE A TEAM.'
11. You've been summoned to the headteacher's office together several times.
And you've looked at each other like this while waiting to be seen.
12. You've taken the flack for something the other person did, and they've done the same for you.
Depending on who needs the charity the most.
13. You know all their weird medical ailments.
In extensive, and we mean EXTENSIVE detail.
14. You refuse to go to boring events without them.
So you'll keep badgering them until they join you.
15. You're both masters at non-verbal communication.
You know what the other person is thinking before they even think it.
16. And, at the end of it all, you know you'll always have someone to rely on.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: