If you've ever lived through the complete agony of having a crush on your older sibling's best friend, you'll know that life can be a cruel, painful, embarrassing form of sheer torture.
Here are the twelve problems of falling for that person who's always around your house when you step out the shower with make-up down your face and your hair stuck to your scalp.
1. When you see them for the first time and you know exactly what's going to happen.
Oh jeez, here we go.
2. When you envision your whole life together after that one brief interaction.
And by interaction, you mean you glanced at them once from across the room.
3. When you sneakily find things out about them and convince yourself you're perfect for each other.
WE BOTH LIKE POTATOES. WE BOTH BREATHE OXYGEN.
4. When you look directly at their face and you feel like your soul has just left your body.
The only way to describe it is as if the sun came down from the sky and walked into your living room.
5. When you can't even structure sentences properly when they're in the general vicinity.
"Wait. I can do better than this. I CAN BE FUNNY"
6. When you walk downstairs and see that their dinner placemat is directly in front of yours.
You've not been trained for this, you're not prepared for this, this is a complete and utter disaster.
7. When your sibling walks out the front room and leaves the two of you completely alone.
*Think of something witty, think of something witty, think of something witty*
8. When you're bunched up next to them in your family car and you try and make awkward conversation.
And when they get out the car you feel like you've completely ruined your chances.
9. When you forcefully deny any accusation that you have feelings for them to anyone who'll listen.
Even though your face is literally ON FIRE.
10. When someone points out that it's never going to happen, anyway.
And also explains that he's already seeing someone else who's way cooler than you.
11. When someone makes a joke about the two of you getting together, IN FRONT OF HIM.
Because the concept is just THAT ridiculous.
12. And finally, when they always refer to you as _______'s little sister and it slowly kills you inside.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: