If you're always finding yourself lagging behind on the pavement as your best friend and their boyfriend/girlfriend walk ahead, hand in hand, as the sun shines on their glorious union; then you'll understand what it's like to be the third wheel.
For those of you who are pretty sure you'll remain single for life, these are the ten struggles of being the third, uninvited person in a relationship.
1. This scene is something that is all too familiar to you.
A whole band of snogging couples, a dash romance in the air, and you; sat on your todd.
2. You have absolutely zero understanding of the term 'private conversation'.
"WHAT ARE YOU WHISPERING, THOUGH?"
3. Even though you permanently seem to live life on the edge of secret discussions.
This is a regular snapshot of your life.
4. Sometimes people point out that it must awkward for you, being surrounded by couples.
Which is just an excuse for them to point out how woefully single you are.
5. Your group pictures tend to look something like this.
Either you're on the edge of the group or placed in the centre-bottom to balance out the shot.
6. But when the camera's off you, you're more likely to look like this.
AKA sick of all this love clap-trap.
7. You're amazed, and equal parts offended, when waiters/check-out clerks assume you're the single one.
"I *could* be one-half of a couple. How did he know I wasn't?"
8. You always have to leave an extra five minutes in your schedule for random outbreaks of smooching.
9. And even though people constantly think you must be sad and lonely.
10. You feel honoured, privileged, and super committed to being the best third wheel possible.
Your talents are undeniable.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: