If you've ever had to walk out of a cinema/live show/your front room because you were bawling too loudly and disrupting everyone else's daily life, you'll know what it's like to be highly sensitive to human emotions.
For those people who identify with never being able to control their tear ducts, here are seventeen things you'll understand if you have a bad habit of crying at the drop of a hat.
1. You've never won an argument in your life.
It doesn't matter how well-formed your points are, nobody can hear them over the sound of you choking on your own tears.
2. Your school reports always described you as 'sensitive'.
Which means you were a massive cry-baby who couldn't take criticism.
3. You know that going to the cinema on a first date is a HUGE risk.
There's nothing you hate more in the world than a drama masquerading as a comedy; and a first date is not the time to sob into your sleeve.
4. You have a long list of public locations that you've cried in.
Library = check, M&S = check, School canteen = check, Cinema = obviously check, McDonalds = check.
5. You are always blaming a faulty contact lens and/or pollen for your tears.
Even though you probably have 20/20 vision and no allergies to speak of.
6. You don't even bother with eyeliner or mascara anymore.
It's just going to end up in streams down your face, so what is the point, really?
7. The news is an absolute no-go zone for you.
The 10pm programme will only result in you sitting up all night wondering why the world is so awful.
8. If someone else cries, it's bound to set you off.
Which you HATE because it looks like you're hijacking someone else's need for comfort.
9. You've once given yourself a headache from trying to keep your emotions in check.
Which just led to a more dramatic sob when you finally let go.
10. Certain songs can actually inspire you to weep.
Inconvenient when you're listening to the radio and driving on a motorway.
11. Literally nowhere is safe.
The threat of tears is out there on every corner. There's no predicting when they will strike.
12. Your greatest fear is crying at work/during class.
You would never forgive yourself. NEVER.
13. You can track your period by how quickly it takes you to cry at a dog-food advertisement.
3 seconds means you're due.
14. You can't watch inspiring TV or Award shows unless you're in a safe zone to release your tears.
Plus, it always makes you 100x more fragile the next day.
15. You have extensively researched techniques on how to control your tears.
NOTHING WORKS. Those self-help books are just glorified firewood.
16. You carry around a spare packet of tissues, should emotions strike at an inconvenient time.
The one time you forget is the one time you see an old couple walking along hand in hand.
17. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're happy, sad, frustrated, or angry - your default bodily response is tears.
Nice work, DNA.
Now watch these cute kittens hugging each other to help dry your tears and warm your heart:
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
NOW READ THESE: