If you were one of the poor unfortunate souls who turned up to the GCSE AQA Biology exams psyched up to do your absolute best, only to turn over the paper and find the question from HELL about drunk rats, yes, DRUNK RATS, then this article might be the thing to make you feel a bit better.
Yep, we're gonna go ahead and assume you walked home in a cloud of confusion, subsequently raided the contents of your fridge, and then spent the whole evening lying on your bedroom floor thinking about how life is cruel, unfair, and completely unpredictable.
But, hold on. A particular hashtag gained a lot of momentum last night, and it is solid proof, PROOF WE TELL YOU, that you are not alone; and that as a group we are all stronger together than we are divided. Here are twelve tweets that will lift the darkness of exam calamity for at least 5 minutes.
1. Some people genuinely considered abandoning their desk mid-exam.
2. Those who had done no prep anyway sent their thoughts and prayers to the students who had.
3. A slight alteration was made to Wikipedia, because that's what angry teens do when confronted with questions on drunk rats.
4. The concept of a Biology exam with no Biology questions was a source of utter confusion.
5. This prediction about the consumption of alcohol was probably accurate.
6. With this drunk rat being the absolute star of the show.
7. Underage drinkers were looking very shifty all of a sudden.
8. Everyone suddenly realised they'd wasted the last two years of their life.
9. Oh, and there's now a massive, overwhelming insecurity about any future exams.
10. Because there's clearly NO TELLING what might crop up.
11. And sure, there were a few dramatic reactions.
12. But mostly everyone was just sat at their desks completely baffled.
13. With this tweet summing up the whole frustrating, confusing, and totally unpredictable experience.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.
Now watch this video a high-school student flipping his hat and glasses on, because you deserve some light relief.