Negotiating your teen years can be pretty tough at the best times, but once you get out the other side there are certain things you'll look back on with regret - mainly the stuff about being too scared to ask someone out or dye your hair bright red.
So, without further explanation, here are thirteen things you're bound to regret about teenage life.
1. Not being comfortable with your body.
Newflash: You will NEVER be this young ever again. Make the most of it.
2. Not appreciating the right people.
Taking that one teacher, friend, or neighbour that's always helping you out for granted is a big no-go.
3. Seeking validation from terrible people.
Stop trying to be more like that girl in Year 10. SHE'S AWFUL.
4. Not taking a massive hair risk.
The only time in your life when you can get away with dyeing your hair 10 different shades is your teen years. Go for it.
5. Thinking your exam results are the be-all and end-all.
Yeah, they're really not.
6. Being too shit-scared to ask someone out.
The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you can finally stop thinking about them.
7. Thinking you can't wear certain things.
Feeling like certain shops are out of your reach, or that certain clothes are just not designed for people like you? STOP.
8. Forgetting to wear your retainer.
This is a really bad call. Your future self will hate you.
9. Being too afraid to try something unless you fail at it.
Um, that just means you fail by default.
10. Not making the most of your Summer holidays.
6. WHOLE. WEEKS.
11. Being far too worried about whether you have a boyfriend or not.
Most teen couples will break-up anyway, so don't sweat if you're still single.
12. Not keeping up with your old hobbies.
You'll probably never have enough spare time to get to Grade 6 violin unless you do it now.
13. Worrying about what people think of your music taste.
People are only giving you crap about liking pop because they are thieves of joy. And they have no soul.
Your thoughts? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.