They dynamics in any friendship are always interesting, but, if you find yourself falling into step with whatever's going on in your mates life and not really paying much attention to your own, t might have crossed your mind that you're their sidekick.
From literally never getting the guy to always being appreciated for your comedic timing, here are the ten signs you're more of a Dr Watson than a Sherlock, a Donkey rather than a Shrek, and a Robin more than a Batman.
1. You regularly third wheel your mate and their significant other.
It's just a known thing that your pal is the one who ends up getting the guy, and you're the one who interrupts their canoodling to show them a new Snapchat filter.
2. People are constantly forgetting who you are.
To keep things simple, 'unacknowledged' is your middle name.
3. You provide all the light relief in your friends permanent dramas.
While everything under the sun happens to your friend, you're the one who interjects in their problems with some hilarious one-liners.
4. You have been referred to as "_____'s friend" on more than one occasion.
Teacher's will never learn your first name. Ever. Give up on that pipe dream, now.
5. You always try and talk your pal out of doing their more stupid ideas.
From egging their teachers house to getting back in contact with a particularly douchey ex, you're the voice of reason in all their decisions.
6. But you stick around to pick up the pieces when it falls through.
When they inevitably refuse to listen to you're warnings, you're the one who pulls out a guidebook on how to clean the mess up efficiently.
7. You have excellent comedic timing.
Your witty quips are stuff of legend, and you just wish someone would write them down for storage.
8. You don't actually have many other pals.
Other than your closest friend, you're not a particularly popular person. Hence why you're so loyal to the people you do have.
9. You literally can't envision a future without your friend.
You always see yourself sticking by their side, no matter what life throws at you. Besides, you're pretty sure your pal would self-implode if left to their own devices.
10. You are wise beyond your years, and you value what's important in the world.
Like Jiminy Cricket. Or Dory.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.