With school about to start up again really soon, you've probably mapped out the ideal way your year ahead is going to progress. Most of your plans will involve acing all your exams, getting on top of all your work, and having a wardrobe overhaul.
But, plenty of the stuff you've thought up is pretty unlikely to actually materialise. So, these are top ten resolutions everyone promises themselves they'll stick to from September, and which fall by the wayside within weeks.
1. "I'll implement a revision timetable beginning in November."
Realistically, you won't even have one drafted up by March. Even then, it's not going to be the colour-coded A3 page you've envisioned, it'll just be a scrap of A4 paper that doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense.
2. "I'll store all my work in neatly organised sections in a ringbinder."
Nope, your bag will be stuffed full of random photocopies of CGP textbooks until the end of time. You'll never know what class they came from, but you'll be too scared to throw them away just on the off-chance they're important.
3. "My writing will become 10x more legible, and I'll only use blue pen."
You'll somehow lose all your pens within two weeks max, and you'll spend the rest of the year scrounging round for your classmates spare pens. As for your handwriting, the more you lose control of your life, the worse it gets.
4. "I'll dress snappier than ever."
This will last about a week before you decide you really don't care enough to impress any of your classmates. Will you still be exfoliating in October? Doubtful. Will you even be wearing matching socks? Probably not.
5. "I'll aim to complete every piece of homework the night it's set."
Oh honey, no.
6. "I'll get involved in a bunch of extra-curricular activities."
You'll be too knackered by how badly your plans are progressing to bother adding more things to your plate. Guess you won't be hockey captain, or the star of the Christmas pantomime - looks like you'll just be sat at home eating Oreos.
7. "I'll stop daydreaming in class and really bring my grades up."
Sure, you might bring your grades up, but you're never going to cut daydreaming out completely. Oh, and your grades are unlikely to leap from an E to an A* in one week. Baby steps, guys.
8. "I'll stop checking my phone during that one topic I really struggle in."
There's nothing more disheartening than not doing well in something you're really trying hard at. As much as you might try your best, you'll definitely seek consolation on Snapchat.
9. "I won't be distracted by Dan's really great hair ever again."
Dan's really great hair is inconveniently positioned directly in front of the whiteboard, which is bad news for your concentration levels. Heck, you're only human, and there's just no overcoming the way the light hits it *just* right.
10. "I'll basically kick this year's ass and emerge as someone unrecognisable from the person I've always been."
We're all for character development, but you're probably not going to have a complete shift of personality, a massive personal makeover, or a brain that can suddenly absorb algebra like a sponge. Just do what you can.
Good luck, guys.
Your thoughts on this? Let us know with a tweet @sugarscape or drop us a comment in the box below.