*This competition is now closed*
Bestselling author Jodi Picoult returns to shelves this year with ‘Between the Lines’ an enchanting new novel that she co-wrote with her teenage daughter Samantha. With magic, a Prince and Princess, mermaids, castles, sword-fights, romance, adventure...it sounds perfect, but what happens when happily ever after...isn't ?
To celebrate the release, we’re giving you the chance to meet Jodi and Samantha at an exclusive afternoon tea at the Malmaison hotel in Manchester on Sunday 8th July! Two lucky winners and friends will get to chat to Jodi and Samantha about their new book as well as pick their brains about anything and everything.
Delilah, a loner hates school as much as she loves books - one book in particular. In fact if anyone knew how many times she has read and reread the sweet little fairy tale she found in the library, especially her cooler than cool classmates, she'd be sent to social Siberia...forever.
To Delilah, though, this fairy tale is more than just words on the page. Sure, there's a handsome (well, okay, incredibly handsome) prince, and a castle, and an evil villain, but it feels as if there's something deeper going on. And one day, Delilah finds out there is.
Turns out, this Prince Charming is not just a one-dimensional character in a book. He's real, and a certain fifteen-year-old loner has caught his eye. But they're from two different worlds, and how can it ever possibly have a happy ending?
Between the Lines is a fantastic tale of love and friendship and is released in the UK on July 5th.
For more information on Jodi Picoult and Between the Lines visit the Facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/JodiPicoultUK
To be in with a chance of winning this once in a lifetime prize, simply answer the question below:
Terms and Conditions
• Open to United Kingdom participants only.
• Two individual winners will be chosen from all valid entries received. Chances of winning will depend on the number of entries.
• ‘The Prize’ consists of afternoon tea with Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer. Each winner will be able to take one guest to the tea. The ‘Afternoon Tea’ is not exclusive and there will be other attendees present
• The ‘Afternoon Tea’ will take place at Malmaison hotel, 1 Gore Street, Manchester, M1 3AQ. It will begin at 3.30pm and end at 4.30pm. Times are subject to change.
• There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
• Travel and accommodation not provided
• Winners will be picked at random from all correct entries and contacted by the site.
• The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
• Entrants must be aged 13 years or over, and must not be employees of Hodder & Stoughton, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH (the “Promoter”) or any of its affiliated companies, their families or agencies or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants.
• If the winner is younger than 18 years of age, they will have to be accompanied to the event by adult • Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries which are not received or delays in receiving or are incomplete entries.
• The prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value. The Winner will be responsible for paying taxes on this prize, if applicable.
• The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion without incurring liability, in the event circumstances which affect its ability to operate the promotion.
• The Winner may be required to take part in publicity associated with this promotion, as may be requested by the Promoter. If the Winner is younger than 18 years of age, he or she will be required to provide written parental consent for participation in promotion publicity before the Prize will be awarded, and such consent shall be a precondition upon which the prize can be awarded.
• The rules of this prize draw shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
• By submitting an entry you confirm that you are 13 years of age or older, and that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
• Competition closes on Thursday 5th July