One Direction might be the world's biggest boyband, but it's fair to say they don't exactly fit the typical boyband role. They don't dance, they don't wear matching clothes, and they're more likely to wear bright pink tutus than writhe around shirtless.
So, in celebration of them forging their own boyband path, here are six ways they took the boyband label and quite literally SHATTERED IT. In a good way.
1. They've always refused to dance.
Which is pretty unique.
2. They dress COMPLETELY differently.
No matching white outfits, here, thanks.
3. They've never been into the abs thing.
Unless you count Niall's naked torso in 'Steal My Girl'.
4. They write/co-write their own music.
5. They don't sing crap songs.
Nobody can hate on 'Story Of My Life'.