What with the indie-but-kinda-poppy fellas from Coast releasing their debut album last month and being all over Radio 1 with their latest single, we went to see 'em in concert over the weekend and couldn't have been happier about the situation.
Chris, James, Liam, David and Ben took to the stage at The Roundhouse in Camden, London, as they continue on their UK tour, and we got a bit sweaty and pulled lots of shapes in the crowd as everyone bopped around to their tunes - which happen to be catchier than an STI in Magaluf.
But was it any good? Short answer: YES. Long answer: read on, boo.
It's safe to say Coasts certainly don't mess about when it comes to cracking out the bangers (oi oi), do they? After two support acts who had a fairly different sound to them, the band stormed the stage with 'A Rush of Blood', 'Your Soul', 'Wallow' , 'Modern Love' and 'You' from their album Coasts.
What were the best bits, then?
ALL OF IT. But namely:
- The atmosphere was SO GOOD. Every single fan in The Roundhouse was ridiculously happy to be there, bouncing around and singing along to every lyric. It was enthusiastic, fun, and all round good vibes, basically.
- A predictable highlight, but Coasts finished the gig with 'Oceans' and it was insaaaane.
- Coasts sound just as good live as they go on record. Their debut album could have been recorded straight from the gig and you wouldn't know any different. SRSLY.
- The big blue and white balls. Yup.
- Also the fellas happen to be really easy on the eye, so that was nice too.
- WE LOVE 'YOU'. Good track, that.
Any bits that weren't so good?
Literally nah. We were big fans of how great the vibes were, Coasts were on great form and we had a mint night - which was probably made better by the burger and chips we had before hand. Just saying.
Rating out of five:
Even if you're not hugely familiar with the band rn, you could listen to their album for approximately 8 minutes and be turned into a Coasts fangirl without a second thought. They're GREAT live, their indie-meets-pop sound is easy on the ear holes and we'd go and see them again in a second. HOORAY.
How about you? Are you a fan of Coasts or what? Let's discuss this over @Sugarscape, yo.
BUT LOOK AT THESE FIRST: